The Christmas party invitations are beginning to roll in faster than I can say “Ho ho ho.” Here’s an interesting one my friend is having. It’s in it’s fourth year and is so popular, people invite themselves to it. It’s a cookie contest and exchange and I’ll be one of the judges this year. Here are the details:
Please bring at LEAST 4 dozen cookies (1.5 dozen for eating during the party, the other 2.5 for others to take home). Please only make ONE kind of cookie, so you can claim it as yours.
OH YES, there will be cookie contest again this year. Here are the rules:
1) NO store bought or slice and bake cookies.
2) Bring 15 copies of the recipe you used to make your cookies to share with others.
3) Bring them all in a container (or two) that will allow you to bring home 20 or more cookies that others have made.
4) You can not repeat a cookie from last year’s contest (but Year 1 or 2 cookies may return).
5) No TEAMING UP unless you submit only one cookie to the competition.
6) Give your cookie a name (but it cannot be yours). This is so the judging is fair.
7) If your cookie contains nuts or peanut butter, please mark it as so because of those with food allergies.
This year’s voting categories are: Best Tasting, Most Christmas Looking, Prettiest, Most Professional Looking, Most Non-Cookie Looking Cookie.
We will serve finger foods, sodas and COOKIES! Kids can play outside in the Bounce House if the weather permits.
My friend also sent out an email with a link to a mountain of cookie recipes.